Friday, December 4, 2020

You lead. I'll follow.

 Friday, December 4, 2020 (6:08 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


Mm, I just remembered singing ♪Thank You Lord, Thank You Lord♪ much earlier this morning. Finding the actual song isn’t happening so let’s move along shall we? You leading. And me following. Yes. Let’s do that! You lead. I’ll follow.


There’s a lot going on dear Lord. None of it is without Your knowledge. Nor outside of Your realm. Thank You Father.


Lord God, how I thank You that we are not alone in all that is going on around us. You are here with each of us. Thank You.


Thank You too for directing me to the book of Nehemiah this morning. So very much Truth and encouragement to be found in its reading.


Beginning with an overview, The Life Recovery Bible declares, “A secure environment is helpful for any rebuilding project. When we lack physical safety and emotional stability, it is difficult to concentrate on the job at hand.” Isn’t that very much in evidence these days?


The PURPOSE for this book is “To describe the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem and the continued spiritual rebuilding of the people.” Blessed God, we are in such need of Your rebuilding.


RECOVERY THEMES are listed as “The Importance of Boundaries; The Importance of Confrontation; The Danger of Discouragement and The Power of Confession and Worship.”


Along with these reminders is this insightful comment. “2:11-16 Taking inventory is one of the first tasks in any rebuilding project. As soon as Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem, he made a nighttime inspection of the city’s broken walls. Each of us in recovery needs to take an honest look at all circumstances, problems, and resources before us. This is essential for selecting the proper strategy for correcting the problems we face.”


Thank You Lord! [Again the song mentioned above]


You know exactly what You are doing. I believe that. And I’m asking You to guide and direct my steps this day as I seek to truly follow You through it.


I love You Lord. I thank and praise You. Use me exactly as You alone know is best. Let me echo the cry of the returning people of Israel. “Good! Let’s rebuild the wall!” (Nehemiah 2:18b). And let the work begin.


Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(388 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment