Friday, December 4, 2020

here we are

 Thursday, December 3, 2020 (5:16 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You know me so well. The words I used to describe myself yesterday were “distracted” and “frazzled.” Thank You that I don’t have to pretend to be any different with You.


A song I worked to remember last night just popped into mind. Thank You Father for the pieces of music You send my way.


♪In Christ♪ by Big Daddy Weave. Interesting how I am unfamiliar with both the song and the artist yet here we are. Indeed, here we are!


Father God, the number of health issues surrounding us are taking their toll. And now there are more fires. Again I look to You.


Your will. Your way. Your plan. Your promises. Your Truth. Your Word. Guide me in them this morning I ask.


Other soundbites keep popping up. First ♪In Christ Alone♪ by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend. Followed once more by Dolly Parton’s ♪Here You Come Again♪


Father God, as scattered as I seemed yesterday that’s how cohesive I feel right now. Truly not knowing what is coming next. And absolutely believing You to be in charge of it all.


Thank You Lord for Your call to trust in You. No sooner thought, and here’s another song. ♪Trust in the Lord With all Your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your path♪ (Proverbs 3:5-6).


Your Word is rife with promises and Truth. Continue Your work in teaching me. 1 Chronicles 29:3.


No comments:

Post a Comment