Monday, December 7, 2020

another reminder

 Sunday, December 6, 2020 (6:31 a.m.)

Holy God,


A funny thing happened on my way to You this morning. I took what I thought was going to be an easy turn to find the lyrics of a song singing in my mind. Thank You Lord for another reminder that things aren’t always the way I think them to be.


A side note for Deuteronomy 16:9-10 in The Voice speaks of the celebrations You required of Your people as reminders ‘to acknowledge publicly that You are the source of their abundance, so they won’t be tempted to think they prospered on their own and forget You.’ Amen Father! How often does that happen?


Blessed God, how deeply and truly I thank You for Your reminders. Reading these two verses I marvel at the obedience of some to follow Your commands. And I question my own reluctance.


Right here I confess my own willingness to follow the current “stay at home” orders of our state. Contrasting them with Your people’s adherence to the ‘three annual festivals which enrich Israel’s worship cycle requiring Your people to leave their homes and gather at the central sanctuary’ (Illustrated Bible Handbook) I sit speechless in awe and wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment