Monday, December 7, 2020

♪Joy, joy, joy♪

 Monday, December 7, 2020 (7:06 a.m.)

Holy God,


I woke up thinking of joy. Guide me along this path today, won’t You Lord?


Joy. Yes. Joy, joy, joy.


There’s a song there somewhere. I’m unable to find the one I’m singing. ♪Joy, joy, joy♪ I ask that You keep me singing it all this day.


♪Rejoice In The Lord Always♪ comes readily to mind. Looking at it I turn to Philippians 3:1 and 4:4 asking that You continue reminding me.


My thoughts early this morning were of joyful moments. A smile here. A giggle there. Just enough to remind us that You are still God. And always good. Thank You Father.


Today I ask You to guide and direct me in being aware of the various moments of joy You send our way. No matter how brief or fleeting. Joy, nonetheless.


And here my smile and Your peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7) grows. “Count it all as joy” (James 1:2). Again I ask You to teach me more.


And You do! Your Truth followed immediately by Your promises.


The Passion Translation. “My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up power within you to endure all things” (vs. 2-3).


So here I come to You. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) that I will truly “be strong with the Lord’s mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10).


You are good God. We are in need. And Your joy is available. Open our eyes and hearts to seeing and accepting it.


I love You. And need You. Want You. Thank and praise You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(308 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment