Friday, December 11, 2020

every smile a blessing

 Friday, December 11, 2020 (7:09 a.m.)

Holy God,


You are good. I am grateful. Thank You Lord.


I woke up singing again. Sleep was spotty. Interrupted. ♪Oh, What A Night♪ seems the perfect description.


Thank You God. I like when You help me smile. And You do. Often.


(8:04 a.m.)


Lord, You provide us with so many smiles. And each one represents a blessing. Flowers. Warmth. Bracing [invigorating, energizing, refreshing] cold. Yes Lord. Every single smile reminds me I am blessed by You in some way.


As we prepare to take care of business today, I ask (Matthew 7:7) that we would represent You well in our efforts. We long to honor and glorify You in our choices. With our thoughts, words and actions.


Yes God. Just as I start to pray, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14) The Message has me beginning with verse 11. And singing a line from this morning’s song.


♪Oh, what a night Why’d it take so long to see the light?♪ Indeed Dear Lord! Why does it take so long for us to see Your light?


Now back to The Message. “There’s more: God’s Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure. Otherwise how will we find our way? Or know when we play the fool? Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over Your work; Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, my Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-My-Altar.”


I return to where we began. You are good. I am grateful. Thank You Lord. Use me. I love You. Amen.

(336 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment