Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Exactly as we are.

 Tuesday, December 15, 2020 (5:08 a.m.)

Praise You Father,


Yes! Praise, honor, worship and adore You. Especially when I don’t feel like it.


Most dear and blessed God, how genuinely I thank You for loving us. Exactly as we are. Yes Lord. Exactly as we are.


Thank You for providing us Jeremiah’s book of Lamentations. While becoming joyful is truly one of my greater goals, being honest with You ranks even higher. Yes Lord. The desire for honesty, openness and willingness with You sets my stage each day.


Before ever getting out of bed my mind starts swimming. So many thoughts, my head practically spins. It’s only in coming to You and Your Word that I begin to settle. Reminded of those who have gone before who were willing to write Your Truth.


Holy God, today I feel sad. In this third week of Advent directed toward joy, I confess sadness.

(7:14 a.m.)


And again I get to say thank You. Singing started. Then came a smile. Followed by a deep sense of peace. As well as just a hint of joy. Real joy. True joy. Not pretend because I’m supposed to joy.


Thank You God. ♪Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul… Oh my God, I trust in Thee Let me not be ashamed Let not mine enemies triumph over me♪ Psalm 25:1-2. We visited this section just the other day.


I read. I smile. I allow myself to hope. In You! Thank You Father.


Lead me to where You would have me go this day. Discovering whatever joy it is You have prepared for me. I love You. I will be on the look out for You and all the joy You promise us.


Thank You for allowing [encouraging] me to come to You exactly as I am. ♪… without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me And that Thou bidd’st me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!♪


Reading the end of The Life Recovery Bible comment for the Scripture (John 6:37) assigned to this hymn has me smiling again. “6:32-40… Until the end of time, Jesus will work toward the healing and recovery of all the broken people in His world. Our part is to turn to Him and believe in His power to help us.”


Here I am! Believing in Your power. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(419 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment