Saturday, December 5, 2020

prompts, promises and power

 Saturday, December 5, 2020 (5:32 a.m.)


♪I just want to celebrate another day of living…♪ I woke up singing these words to You hours ago. Thank You Lord. Indeed! Truly ♪I just want to celebrate another day of life♪


Holy God, thank You for the prompts You use to remind me of Your love and faithfulness. Mm, yes. Prompts.


And just like that [snap] I’m singing ♪It’s me, it’s me, it’s me O Lord, Standin’ In The Need Of Prayer♪ Looking for it in The Hymnal I find instead ♪Standing on the Promises♪ (2 Peter 1:4).


Thank You Lord for reminding me that it’s to You and Your promises that I am to turn. And stand. Mm. Yes.


Oh most dear and Holy God, how wholeheartedly I thank You for all Your prompts and promises. Mm, yes Lord. Your prompts and promises!


I turn in Your Word and am buoyed. Uplifted. Reminded. Refreshed. Heartened. Thank You God.

(7:59 a.m.)


As I get ready to go out into the day, Lord I ask that You keep my mind and heart set on wanting to celebrate this ‘nother day of living!


Looking at Paul’s ‘words of encouragement to the Thessalonian believers in fulfilling their day-to-day responsibilities while anticipating Chris’s return’ (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE) I ask that they apply to us as well.


2 Thessalonians 1:11, “So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of His call. May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do” (New Living Translation).


Yes Lord. You are the One who will keep me celebrating another day of life! According to a different THE BOTTOM LINE, Peter wrote to “all believers everywhere, to help his readers keep their focus on God’s grace and Truth.” Yes please. Sign me up!


The Message begins (2 Peter 1:3-4) with the urging “Don’t Put It Off Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you - your tickets to participation in the life of God after you turned your back on a world corrupted by lust.”


As I sit here ♪Standing on the Promises♪ and ♪Standin’ in the Need of Prayer♪ I look to You. Depending on You to do all You must in, with, by, through and for me to keep me celebrating Your Word. Your Truth. Your prompts, promises and power.


Praise You Father. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(459 words ~ 8:23 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment