Monday, December 21, 2020

love and live

Monday, December 21, 2020 (5:18 a.m.)

♪Sweet Little Jesus Boy♪


Thank You Lord! Thank You for so many memories associated with this song. Thank You for the multitude of artists that have covered it through the years. Each with their own voice. Their own style and rendition.


Oh Dearest Lord, thank You for Your birth. Your life. Your death. Your resurrection. All that we could ultimately choose to love and live with You.


There’s a lot of heavy thinking going on here this morning, Lord. Things to discuss. Decisions to make. Choices abound. Thank You that You are ever present with us Lord. We don’t have to do anything without You.


(6:31 a.m.)


How prefect is it that during this Advent week of love I am directed to John 15:10. And while reading it another song starts singing. ♪This Is My Commandment that you love one another That your joy may be full♪ (John 15:12).


Thank You Lord. I get to read and sing Your Truth. This from Jesus, “I have loved you, [just] as the Father has loved Me; abide in My love [continue in His love with Me]” (John 15:9 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition). What comfort. And joy. Thank You.


We are to keep Your commands and abide in Your love and live on in it (v. 10). Illustrated Bible Handbook answers the question of how we abide in You.


“We obey His commands. And the command Jesus emphasizes here is ‘love each other as I have loved you.’ We have been chosen by God to bear the fruit that comes from a life of love.”


Hmmm… a life of love. Yes please Lord. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would truly live the life of love You have for me.


“I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing” (11).


Can I even imagine what a life like that would look like? Joy. Delight. Gladness. Full. Complete. And overflowing.


Lord God. ♪Sweet Little Jesus Boy♪ Change us into the people that You came to save so we don’t continue singing ♪We didn’t know Who You was♪


I love You Lord. Use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. Amen.

(398 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment