Tuesday, April 28, 2020

"got no"

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 (5:02 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning.

Just when I was thinking I didn’t have a song, the chorus of one started singing to me. It took a bit to find but smiles happened along the way. Thank You God.
(7:09 a.m.)

And I’m back. Some weeds pulled. Laundry started. Bed made. Anger tempered.

Yes Lord. One person’s kindness triggered another’s ire.

Thank You Father that You guided me in taking my fury into another room. You kept me busy. Allowing me to calm the heck down. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for this husband. This man who accepts me exactly as I am. Quirks, rants and all.

With that acknowledged I return to the music from before. Searching only “got no” I continue experiencing the smiles mentioned above. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that I immediately came upon a song I thought was the one I wanted. ♪I Got No Time♪ NOT the one!

Continuing to read down the list the smile happened with the picture of Pinocchio. ♪I’ve Got No Strings♪

Holy God, how I thank You that I get to come before You with the simplest of things. Even the song I finally found.

1969. The Guess Who. ♪No Time♪ The more I look at it the more ironic I find it to be at this particular time in history. When seemingly time is what we all have most of these days.

And here I smile again as I correlate the song with the Bible verse I just came across. Amos 4:7.

The song sings ♪No time for a gentle rain♪ and this section of Scripture deals with Israel’s Failure to Learn. Their “Refusal to Turn to God; 4:1-13.”

International Children’s Bible. God speaking. “I held back the rain from you three months before harvest time. Then I let it rain on one city but not on another. Rain fell on one field, but another got none and dried up.”

And this comment from The Life Recovery Bible. “4:6-11 …All the negative effects of our compulsions and addictions are signs for us to give up these detrimental pursuits and turn back to God, the giver of all that is good and perfect (James 1:17).”

Following Your lead over to James. “Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above [also: Father of lights], who created all heaven’s lights. Unlike them [evil desires and actions], He never changes or casts shifting shadows.”

How cool are You God?! I thought I didn’t have a song and You again have given me ever so much more. Thank You Lord.

Use me today. EXACTLY as You know is best. Do all You must for Your glory and the good of others.

I love You. We need You. Come Lord Jesus! Amen.
(476 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment