Tuesday, April 21, 2020

♪Build My Life♪

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 (8:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

Here I am. Finally!

So many places to look. So much to find. People to chat with. Loved ones 

(10:13 a.m.)

Then came the frustrations. The mistakes. The health scares. And the shakiness.

And now, again, Your calm. Your peace. Your presence. Father, how I thank You. Absolutely, genuinely, truly thank You.
I awoke with a song all those hours ago. Finding it easily enough, I was excited to discover its title.

I had single words. Phrases. The melody. Thank You God for the whole of it.

Worthy. Holy. There is no one like You. None beside You… And it turns out being ♪Build My Life♪ by Pat Barrett (citing Luke 6:48).

Thank You that on a day when so many things have already turned out so differently than I had planned I still get to come back to You. Singing.

Oh yes. Dearest God, keep my focus on You today. I get so easily distracted.

♪Worthy of every song we could ever sing Worthy of all the praise we could ever bring Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe We live for You♪

Oh yes! Blessed God, keep me living this day for You I pray.

♪Jesus, the Name above every other name Jesus, the only One who could ever save Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe We live for You, we live for You. And holy, there is no one like You There is none beside You, open up my eyes in wonder♪

Oh yes, yes Lord! Open up my eyes in wonder!

♪Show me who You are and fill me with Your heart And lead me in Your love to those around me♪

Oh? You mean, DON’T take out my annoyance and frustration on the only other one here? Good plan! Thank You Lord.

Repeat the verses and then the title of it all. ♪I will Build My Life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation I will put my trust in You alone and I will not be shaken♪

Will You just take a look at that? That is exactly what I was saying last night!

Here we are as a nation, as people of this world, desperately needing to put our trust in You. Not the government. Nor the stimulus packages. In You!

Not in the things we can’t wait to get back to doing. No! In You! We desperately need to build our ♪life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation♪

Holy Father, YOU are that firm foundation this world needs. We get sidetracked. We take the blessings You provide for granted. We become afraid when all around us things are different than we would have them.

Do a mighty work in us Blessed Lord. One that only You can do! Change our focus. Let us TRULY build our life on You. ♪The only One who could ever save♪

Yes please. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. And I thank You. In advance for all this day holds, because You dearest Lord are the One holding it all.

Do all You must I pray. Amen.
(532 words ~ 11:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment