Friday, April 3, 2020

simply enough

Friday, April 3, 2020 (7:20 a.m.)
Holy God,

The two words that came first to my mind this morning were “simply” and “enough”. Mm, yes. Simply enough. Let us learn this Father.

Yes. Continue teaching us that You are simply enough. As good and mighty and powerful as You are, You are indeed simply enough!

We want to trust You Lord. Believe in and stand on Your Truth and Your promises.

I turn to Your Word Father. My heart quickens and my hope begins to soar.

John 16:33 from The Voice. Jesus speaking to His disciples. “I have told you these things [parables] so that you will be whole and at peace. In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order.”

Lord Jesus. I have no idea what Your plan for us looks like. And in reality, I truly believe it to be “simply enough”!

Using those two words in my search I come to John the Baptist preaching about Jesus coming soon (Luke 3). Calling on individuals and the nation to repent, he warns that the kingdom of heaven will soon be upon them.

Holy Father God, as I read John’s warnings I continue likening it to all that is going on in the world today. We are nearing Passion Week and it seems our eyes are still on the things of this earth.

What would it be for us to join together in welcoming Your Son, the promised One? Truly singing ♪Hosanna [‘save, we pray’],Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest!♪ Lifting up Your name, ♪With hearts full of praise; Be exalted, O lord my God!♪

Singing and praying Your Word back to You. Psalm 118:25, The Passion Translation. “O God, please come and save us again; bring us Your breakthrough-victory!”

Father God, we love You. Our values have become skewed. We are truly lost Dear Lord.

John urged his listeners (Luke 3:8). “Then turn away from your sins, turn to God, and prove it by a changed life. Don’t think for a moment that it’s enough to simply be the favored descendants of Abraham. That’s not enough to save you. I’m telling you, God could make more sons of Abraham out of stones if he chose to!”

You have all the power Blessed God. How I ask You to use it in saving us from ourselves!

Illustrated Bible Handbook explains more of Jesus’ promise that sadness would turn to joy (John 16:16-33). There’s hope that “relationship with the resurrected Jesus and the power of prayer will be known. Then ‘the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.’”

Going on to caution, “This does not mean simply tacking ‘in Jesus’ name’ on after every prayer… To ask in Jesus’ name means to pray in full harmony with all that Jesus is, and in harmony with His character and purposes.”

Oh most dear and Holy God, You alone know what is just and right. You know Your purposes and Your plans.

We can scramble and attempt to prepare for the unknown when in reality You call us again and again to come to You. Do all You must Blessed God to bring glory and honor to Your holy name.

I do not pretend to know anything other than You are good. You are mighty. You are absolutely simply [EXACTLY!] enough.

Do all You must to save us Lord. Hosanna in the highest. Save now we pray. Amen.
(592 words ~ 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment