Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday people

“Sad” Saturday, April 11, 2020 (7:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I love You! Thank You that I get to talk with You. At all times. About all things. Thank You that this morning is no different in this regard.

Thank You that hours ago I awoke realizing it was Saturday. Thinking about it, I wondered if the day between Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday might sometimes be known as Sad Saturday.

To my own delight and surprise, it is! Thank You Father. Thank You that none of my wonders are too far-fetched for You.

Turning again to Your Word, and finding that I have broken yet another Bible, I am so very grateful to have Your Truth to lead and guide us. Often You present me with different ways of looking at the simplest things.

(9:58 a.m.)
Like “Sad Saturday” for instance!

Father, how I thank You for the opportunity of reading other people’s viewpoints. A Sermon Central’s contribution by Rogers Steven Warner poses the question, “It Is Saturday, But Is It Finished?”

Blessed God, I am so excited to read of another having wondered of the significance of today. Limited to one verse in the Bible. Luke 23:54. “This [the wrapping and placing of Jesus’ body in the tomb] was done late on Friday afternoon, the day of preparation for the Sabbath.”

My overall takeaway points of this particular sermon are:

“Sad Saturday” is where we all live.

It’s the gap between our faith [Good Friday] and its fulfillment [Easter Sunday].

Yesterday is ♪Taps♪ Tomorrow is ♪Reveille♪ Today is the lull between the two; a short interval of doubts and shadows.

Quoting the sermon, “We stand against the tide of humanity. We shout to the heavens: ‘It is not over. Yes, He has completed His task, but it is not finished.’ … ‘Hallelujah! It is Saturday and, praise God, it is definitely NOT finished! Jesus will rise shortly! Christ will come back soon! Hell cannot hold Him much longer. Heaven will not keep Him concealed forever. Today may be Saturday, but tomorrow — tomorrow is Sunday. The best is yet to come! I can hardly wait. Amen!’”

Oh yes Blessed God! The best IS yet to come! We pray against the odds, fully expecting You to answer. You are good, Father. All the time!

We may very well be a Saturday people living in a Good Friday world, but HALLELUJAH! Sunday is coming! Thank You Father.

Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Happy Holy Saturday. Amen.
(419 words ~ 11:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment