Monday, April 27, 2020

quell

Monday, April 27, 2020 (7:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You.
(8:06 a.m.)
Let’s start again.

My thoughts have been all over the place. Self judgments. Self criticisms. What about self love or acceptance?

Your Truth pops in every once in awhile to quell my thinking. Thank You Father.

I’ve been singing bits of ♪Build My Life♪ much of this morning. ♪And I will build my life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation♪ Oh thank You Lord!

Turning my heart, soul, mind and strength over to You blessed God I am again reminded, “THIS is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24). Yes Father. Let this be my goal for THIS day.

I want to be alert. Aware. Not afraid. Giving You the glory.

And just like that [snap!] another song. Yes Lord. ♪Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory! Rise and shine…♪

Father, You know ALL! None of what we are experiencing surprises You. We wonder. Sometimes doubt. And still we are to praise You. Thank You God.

As You again bring my thoughts back to You, Your Truth, Your promises I once more turn to Your Word.

Proverbs 25:15. The Passion Translation. “[Wisdom Practices Self-Control] Use patience and kindness when you want to persuade leaders and watch them change their minds right in front of you. For your gentle wisdom will quell the strongest resistance.”

It is YOUR gentle wisdom on which we stand Dear Lord. YOU are the One who can quell every single storm.

Keep teaching us Dearest Father. There are so very many differing opinions surrounding us. Thank You that Your words will never fail nor pass away (Luke 21:33b).

Work in me this day [“This day which You have made…”]. Exactly as You alone know is best.

I love You. I long to serve You. Use me as You wish. Thank You. Amen.

(322 words ~ 9:13. a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment