Thursday, April 23, 2020

words

Thursday, April 23, 2020 (5:56 a.m.)

You did it again Lord. Took me from thinking too much to sleeping. And upon awakening, from one song straight into another. That was cool! Thank You.

Yes Father, thank You for the many ways You work with me. In me. By, through and for me.

Thank You for courage. Thank You for learning. And risking. And failing.

Holy God, we truly are living in perilous times. I wonder if You think they are any more so than any other?

Being aware of all the dissonance [lack of harmony] taking place all around us, Father how grateful I am to find rest in You.

I was tasked with learning something new yesterday. A dance that appeared far beyond my skill level. Reluctance led to curiosity. Avoidance to willingness. And the next thing I knew, the first 8 of 32 steps. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that even in the simplicity of breaking something down into doable pieces, I come again to You and Your promises.

Thinking, trying and a head filled with music. First the song from the dance. Just the beginning several beats of ♪Señorita♪ Followed by the words “La-la-la”.

The next thing I know my mind is singing of Your worthiness and holiness. And I am once again asking You to ♪Build My Life♪

Blessed God, how I truly thank You for the love You have for each of us. That love that can help us realize that we truly are safe in You (Psalm16).

Lord, thank You for the way You guide my thinking. One minute praising You and the very next being aware that I learn best with words.

It was amazing. I wasn’t fully awake as I reaffirmed this realization. And BAM! Another song. Immediately. It took me more than a minute to flesh it out, but there it was. ♪Words♪ by The BeeGees.

Coming out here to look it up and here You are, once again singing Your Truth to me. ♪Smile an everlasting smile A smile can bring you near to Me Don’t ever let Me find you gone ‘Cause that would bring a tear to Me This world has lost it’s glory Let’s start a brand new story Now My love♪

Holy God, You have given me a brand new appreciation for this song. Never having cared for it before now, I am truly intrigued. Especially in learning that "the idea of this song is that 'words can make you happy or words can make you sad'."

♪Right now there’ll be No other time and I can show you How My love Talk in everlasting words And dedicate them all to Me And I will give you all My life I’m here if you should call to Me♪

Yes Lord! Teach me to talk in everlasting words!

And right here, just to confirm what I already believe. Proverbs 16:24, The Passion Translation. “Nothing is more appealing than speaking beautiful, life-giving words. For they release sweetness to our souls and inner healing to our spirits.”

Far too often recently, my words have NOT been appealing. They’ve become less sweet, pleasant, kind, gracious and well ordered. Work in me Lord.

I love You. And I so appreciate You reminding me of the importance of words.

Do all You must with us this day Dearest God. This day which You have made. Empower and enable us in rejoicing and being glad (Psalm 118:24). Exactly as Your Word declares.

Yes Father, use us. We love You. Need You. Trust You. And thank You. Oh Lord, how truly we thank You. Amen.
(587 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment