Saturday, April 25, 2020

Serenity Prayer

Friday, April 24, 2020 (7:04 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You. We need You. So much change. Discord. Unrest.

Let me say this straight out to You, today I feel less than great. Not really bad. Just not good. 

You know what’s up. So I come to You. Asking, seeking, knocking.

And again, You provide. Serenity Prayer Devotional. Matthew 6:25-34. The Life Recovery Bible.

“Living one day at a time is a discipline we all have to focus on… We need to ask ourself at every turn in life, Am I accepting this present moment, or am I pretending - trying to escape into the past or the future? Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day.”

After quoting Psalm 118:24, “This is the day that the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it” this devotional ends by reminding us that “We, too, can choose to find joy, strength, and sanity when we accept each day’s realities.”

Yes Father! I may not be able to change the way my body feels at any given moment. I can, however, choose to thank You anyway! Looking for the serenity that comes from accepting that which I cannot change. Along with the courage to change that which can be changed. And the wisdom to know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment