Wednesday, April 15, 2020

"so I prayed to the God of heaven"

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 (5:54 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

I cannot thank You enough! First there was easy, long sleep. Then a song. And now a smile.

Lord, You absolutely know our needs. You are faithful. And just. In forgiving our sins (1 John 1:9). Delivering us from evil (2 Thessalonians 3:3). Fulfilling Your promises.

♪Put Jesus in your every day life He wants to be your very best friend!♪

What a great song to wake with. Seemingly out of nowhere.

Thank You Lord. Bringing it out to our Psalty Kid’s Bible I find it references Nehemiah 2:4-5. The king asked his servant a question and Nehemiah prayed before he answered him.

A comment in The Life Recovery Bible reminds us, “Prayer changes things. Prayer changes people. Prayer is a supernatural power”
(9:25 a.m.)

And here again, another sign of Your sheer perfection. A heart wrenching phone call. Deeply seated tears of prayer for a family in crisis.

Oh most dear and Holy God, how we truly thank You for the good and loving God You are!
(10:55 a.m.)

Having prayed to You earlier about the generational cycles of substances abuse and addiction, Father I find myself in tears all over again. Finding the verse (Deuteronomy 5:8) of which I was thinking at the time has me practically undone.

Starting my reading of this section of Scripture in Chapter 4, verse 32 I wholeheartedly agree with the subject title. “There Is Only One God” Yes Father. Yes!

Taking these findings over to Illustrated Bible Handbook my heart cried out even more deeply. “Moses applies the lessons of recent history, and makes an impassioned plea for allegiance to God. This is to be expressed by obedience (1-14), by rejecting idolatry (15-31) and by always remembering who the Lord is (32-40).” Oh yes Father. Please!

Back over to The Life Recovery Bible and its comment concerning The Ten Commandments. These are Moses’ words (Deuteronomy 5:4-10) spoken to remind Your people, “The LORD spoke to you face to face from the heart of the fire on the mountain. I stood as an intermediary between you and the LORD, for you were afraid of the fire and did not climb the mountain.”

See? Right there. Fear stops people!

Moses went on telling Your chosen people what You had said to him. “I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from slavery in Egypt. Do not worship any other gods besides me. Do not make idols of any kind, whether in the shape of birds or animals or fish. You must never worship or bow down to them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not share your affection with any other god!” (Deuteronomy 5:6-9a).

And this is where my heart is standing firmly on You as I cry out to You in desperation!

“I do not leave unpunished the sins of those who hate me, but I punish the children for the sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations” (v. 9). That’s US Father! People who have been caught in the cycle of addiction all these years!

And then? Your promise! Verse 10, “But I lavish my love on those who love me and obey my commands, even for a thousand generations.” Yes Lord! Please. Oh yes!

Now the comment. “5:9-10 God is jealous of our affections, and when we fail to give Him the proper place in our life, negative consequences always result. And we are not the only ones who will suffer; so will our children and grandchildren. God created us to live according to His program. By following it, we can have hope for our future and the future of our children and grandchildren. We need to start by putting God first in our life.”

Oh Hallelujah! Yes Jesus!

As we turn our hearts, our souls, our minds and our strength to You we ask that You empower and enable us to Your end!

Now finally back to where we started all those hours ago.

Nehemiah having prayed before he answered his king. Starting at the beginning of the comment. “2:4-8 In answer to Nehemiah’s prayer to God, the king’s immediate response was one of encouragement and assistance. One wonders how Artaxerxes would have responded had Nehemiah not first approached God on this matter.”

Thus my sobbing tears earlier. Realizing the overwhelm in my being, as well as I my voice, thank You for reminding me to stop and pray Lord!

Reiterating the close of this comment from where we were interrupted earlier, “Prayer is a supernatural power at our disposal that enables us to accomplish God’s supernatural will. If we try to do things on our own, the odds are against us; we will probably fail. If we try something with God’s help, we will definitely succeed.”

Holy God, how truly and deeply I thank You for waking me up with a song that would lead me directly to Your Truth and promises! And just like that [snap!] the hugest smile imaginable! Thank You Lord.

♪Put Jesus in your ev’ryday life. He wants to be your very best friend!♪

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit! I love You. I need You. I trust You. I welcome You. Thank You. Amen.

(906 words ~ 11:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment