Sunday, April 19, 2020

"A Special Song"

Sunday, April 19, 2020 (6:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

Here I am. Looking up potential Scripture verses. And song lyrics.

The phrase “anticipate with an alternative” was prominent yesterday. And I woke up singing ♪Jesus Is Just Alright With Me♪

Always wondering where this song got its roots, thank You Lord that it really came from one’s (Art Reynolds) love for You. Yea!

I’m asking You to guide me this morning.
(7:24 a.m.)
And how cool is this?

No sooner had I asked, You led. 

First to the chapter title of Isaiah 26. A Song of Praise to the Lord. Followed almost immediately by a “high” news story on TV.

A 94 year old woman with dementia being serenaded by “Albert’s angelic voice.” A public worker who refers to his voice as coming from the grace of God. Yes Lord!

Thank You for Your constant, gentle reminders of just how truly good You are.

Your Word ties my heart, soul, mind and strength together so perfectly. And then You add songs to finish it off.

Isaiah 27:5. Amplified Bible, Classic Edition. “Or else [if all Israel would escape being burned up together there is but one alternative], let them take hold of My strength and make complete surrender to My protection, that they may make peace with Me! Yes, let them make peace with Me!”

♪Jesus Is Just Alright With Me...♪

Yes Father. When it comes to me “anticipating with an alternative”, YOU have to be my alternative!

The Passion Translation. “So let the branches cling to My protection when they make true peace with Me. Yes, let them make Me their friend

Use me this day Lord. Exactly as You know is best. Make me “a special song” to others. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(295 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment