Tuesday, April 14, 2020

clichés

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 (7:45 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank You! I woke up with such a cliché.

“Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.”

Trite as it may be, Your Truth still rings true! Thank You Father.

Thank You that even this I get to bring to You. And be blessed in the process.

Your Truth brings hope to my soul and a smile to my face. The news of this world dashes them both. And then,”Score! Team Jesus.”

Sleep was hard to come by last night. And then interrupted when it did happen. Thank You that You call us to look to You. Count and depend on You. Trust and lean into You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that every time I turn to You, putting my eyes on You, I sit or stand taller. Stronger. More resolved.

Holy Father God, I love You so much. Thank You that even Jesus’ disciples, who were right there with Him, wavered in their trust (Matthew 14:21-33).

Peter actually, “went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he looked around at the high waves, he was terrified and began to sink. ‘Save me, Lord!’ He shouted” (vs. 29b-30).

A Serenity Prayer devotional in The Life Recovery Bible presents us with yet another cliché. “Courage isn’t the absence of fear. Courage means that we take advantage of the little strength we find within ourself, that we find little ways to encourage ourself, and that we stubbornly stick to God’s program for us. Courage doesn’t mean being free of fear. It means finding enough strength to take the next step.”

Oh yes blessed God! When Peter looked at the circumstances surrounding him, he took his eyes off Jesus. When he cried out for help, “Instantly Jesus reached out His hand and grabbed him. ‘You don’t have much faith,’ Jesus said. ‘Why did you doubt me?’ And when they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped” (31-32).

And just like that, here is one more cliché. “Faith is like a muscle - it has to be exercised.”

Father, thank You that Your Word is solid enough for us to stand upon. It directs us to keep on praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17; Philippians 4:6; Luke 18:1; Ephesians 6:18). And trusting You (Psalm 34:4; 56:3).

Lord, You are good. You are holy. Without You we are weak. Fragile.

Be with us. In us. By us. Through us. For us. Do all You know is best. Keeping us in Your protective care every single step of this day.

I love You Lord. And I pray asking this all in Jesus’ name. Thank You. Amen.
(458 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment