Monday, April 6, 2020

♪ Provisions! ♪

Monday, April 6, 2020 (6:09 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

I am here again to thank You. Yes Lord. Thank You.

Thank You for the opportunities You provide for us to change our thinking. Our routines. Our learning skills.

Father, we are truly grateful to You. Thinking of all You provide Lord, I smile as I automatically change a song title from Fiddler on the Roof. ♪Tradition♪ instantly became ♪Provisions, Provisions!♪

Thanks for smiles Lord. Thank You that they still come readily. Easily. Often.

Our time together here was interrupted yesterday. Cut short by two online church services. Oh, but how You kept reminding me of Your presence.

A kitchen calendar spoke Your Truth to me beautifully. Reminding me to “Trust in the LORD, with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5). Yes Father! How we need to trust You in ALL we do not understand!

Thank You Lord for every single thing You provide. Your Truth. Your promises. The hope we find in You and Your Word.

Thank You that I get to turn to Luke 12:29-32 and Matthew 6:30-33. Reading of the importance of steeping our lives “in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.”

Holy, holy God thank You again. I get to read comments in The Life Recovery Bible that stress “living one day at a time” and asking “ourself at every turn, Am I accepting this present moment, or am I pretending - trying to escape into the past or the future?”

Blessed Father God, how genuinely I thank You that “Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day.”

This one Serenity Prayer devotion (Matthew 6:25-34) ends by reminding us that “We, too, can choose to find joy, strength, and sanity when we accept each day’s realities.”

Holy God, You have been working long and hard in us. How I thank You that in You we are never alone!

Turning to the comment in Luke (12:32-34) I again smile in acknowledging the provisions of Your Truth. “The heart represents all that motivates us - our thoughts, ideals, inclinations, priorities, convictions, worries, and fears… The things we value most and spend time and money pursuing - that’s where our deep attachments and personal identity can be found.”

Oh most Holy One, how I ask You to use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love You. And I long to serve You. Do all You need to make me an encouragement in sharing Your provisions Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(4:43 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment