Wednesday, April 22, 2020

more songs

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 (7:16 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Again You gave me songs. I asked You for them when my thinking was taking me to darker places.

Thank You for providing me Lord. ♪On Christ, The Solid Rock, I stand - All other ground is sinking sand…♪ Mm, yes Father. I needed that.

And then, a blast from the past actually put me back to sleep. ♪God Has A Plan For My Li-i-i-fe♪ (Psalty Bible “Psalm 22:9-11 - God loves you. He knows how special you are and He has a special plan for your life.”) Thank You God.

Thank You that You are here. You know our needs. Your provisions may not be what we might think we want, but You know what is necessary.

The news in the world looks bleaker each day. With improvements in some areas, people are showing their true colors.

Oh, look! Another song. And this one has actually put a smile on my face. As well as tears in my eyes.

Reading these words as though You are singing them to me I’ll take the encouragement Lord. With mountains of gratitude.

♪You with the sad eyes Don’t be discouraged, though I realize it’s hard to take courage in a world, full of people You can lose sight of it And the darkness inside you will make you feel so small♪

That is exactly what was going on all those hours ago! My mind racing with thoughts of my own inadequacies.

♪But I see your True Colors, shining through I see Your true colors and that’s why I love you♪

THAT’s what gives me hope Lord! Knowing, trusting, believing You to still be in charge. Truly being convinced that YOU are the One who will see us through all of this.

Blessed Father God, we really are a people who have lost their way. Putting our faith and trust in things that are temporal. Not eternal. Forgive us Father. Heal this world as only YOU can.

Even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, people still argue. Protest. Scream at one another. Oh how I pray. Asking for Your peace that absolutely passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

Still embracing this song as if from You, ♪So don’t be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors Are beautiful like a rainbow Show Me a smile, don’t be unhappy I can’t remember when I last saw you laughing♪

There is another piece to the puzzle of my very early morning. I asked You to increase my laughter Lord. Knowing that You would have us give thanks and rejoice in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). Even this!

Blessed God, You are so incredibly good. We don’t always see or acknowledge all You do for us. Forgive us Lord.

And back to the song. ♪If this world makes you crazy and you’ve taken in all you can bare You can call Me up - because you know I’ll be there♪ We do Lord. We know and trust and believe that You will be here every single time we call upon You.

Right here this song melds into another pop hit from the past. Again You singing Your Truth.

♪You and I must make a pact We must bring salvation back Where there is love, I’ll be there I’ll reach out My hand to you I’ll have faith in all you do Just call My name and I’ll be there And oh, I’ll be there to comfort you Build My world of dreams around you I’m so glad that I found you I’ll be there with a love that’s strong I’ll be your strength, I’ll keep holdin’ on♪

Father, I don’t know if I’ve ever considered You singing this to me before. Every line seems to sing even more of Your Truth and promises as it goes.

♪Let Me fill your heart with joy and laughter Togetherness, well that’s all I’m after Whenever you need Me, I’ll be there I’ll be there to protect you With an unselfish love that respects you Just call My name and I’ll be there…♪

Holy God, let me fully trust You to be all You promise to be for each of us. Our strength. Our Solid Rock. Our Shelter.

I do NOT know what You have planned for my life, or this day for that matter. But I trust it to be for good and not for evil (Jeremiah 29:11).

♪It won’t all be easy But God will understand. Through all the hard times He’ll be (t)here to hold my hand. He knows just how special I’ll turn out to be, Yes, God has a plan for little ol’ me♪

Thank You Father. Keep singing to me please. I love You. I need You. I thank You. I want You. I trust You. Teach me what it is to truly glorify and enjoy You this day.

Use me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(812 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment