Sunday, April 26, 2020

High God

Sunday, April 26, 2020 (6:26 a.m.)
Hi God,

Yep. That’s what I’ve got so far. Just “Hi.”
(6:59 a.m.)

And even that’s enough. Especially when I change it to “High God.”

Holy, most high God, how I thank You for always directing my thoughts to You. I confess to the times I choose not to follow Your lead. Thank You for forgiving and welcoming me every single time I wake up realizing I’ve gone off on my own again.

This morning I find myself reading about Paul and Timothy’s relationship. And I find myself smiling. Hugely. The more I read, the bigger the smile grows.

Holy God, how I truly thank You. You wrote this Book through all these people all those years ago and still it speaks Your Truth to us. Insights about Your law and Your transforming power. Oh how we thank You Father!
(12:27 p.m.)

Two online church services later and I'm back to Illustrated Bible Handbook. 1 Timothy. “Paul’s Charge to Timothy; 6:11-16. As a man of God, Timothy is to bend every effort to pursue ‘righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.’ In keeping this commandment, Timothy, and you and I, will win all that is truly important in life.”

Yes! The Passion Translation, verse 15. “Yes, God will make His appearing in His own divine timing, for He is the exalted God, the only Powerful One, the King over every king, and the Lord of power!”

Said this way in The Message. “Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on His way. He’ll show up right on time, His arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler, High King, High God.”

Thank You Father that You would take a very simple “Hi God” greeting and lead me straight to being enlightened and inspired by Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.

Lord, I love You. And I thank You for the ease with which we can come before You. Even [especially?] when all we have is the most basic and simple welcome there is. “Hi!”

Most High God, how I ask You to use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(371 words ~ 1:09 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment