Thursday, April 30, 2020

God's beloved daughter

Thursday, April 30, 2020 (6:15 a.m.)
Holy God,

Hi again. It’s me. Your daughter. Hmm. Yes. Your beloved daughter.

I just took a look and found two other times in over nine years that I have referenced myself as Your beloved daughter. Let’s change that. Shall we? Yes! Let’s!

You have to lead though. And I will follow. Where in Your Word shall we go?

First, I went back to yesterday’s unfinished prayer. Thank You God. Thank You for the glimpses of Your Truth You allow us to see.

Just days ago I accused myself of being a “goldbricker”. “A thing that looks valuable but is in fact worthless.” YOUCH!

See also: a con man, a lazy person, one who invents excuses to avoid a task, a shirker.

Dearest Lord, here again I ask You to work in, with, by, through and for me that I will come to see myself as YOU see me. Your beloved daughter. Acceptable. Forgiven. So loved.

Oh! And yesterday there were songs that had gone unsung. Two of them that I failed even to notate. Thank You for reminding me Father.

♪Anchor♪ by Bethel. And Joe Jeffrey Group’s ♪My Pledge of Love♪

Lord God, how I thank You for the way You speak to my heart, soul, mind and even my strength (Mark 12:30) through music. Whether it’s the tune, or the words, I pay attention. Often in wonder. Looking forward to all You have to say to me.

I AM Your beloved daughter! Too often I completely forget this Truth. Thank You for again reminding me.

Cue the music… ♪I’m holding on to hope. I’m holding on to grace. I’m fully letting go, I’m surrendered to Your ways The anchor for my soul; Father, You will never change. I love You.♪

And then the list of all You are begins!  Singing that ♪I will remember Your promise forever! My Strength, my Defender; I can count on You! You are my Savior, my Hope and my Shelter! Your love is forever; I can count on You…♪

Is this how the woman in the crowd felt when she touched the hem of Your garment Dearest Jesus? And Your response? “Beloved daughter, your faith in Me has released your healing. You may go in peace” (Luke 8:48 The Passion Translation). Oh, amen Dearest Lord. Amen!

Many versions use simply “Daughter”. While others say, “Dear woman,” or “My daughter”. All acknowledging it was her faith [personal trust and confidence in You; belief] that healed/saved/restored/made her whole and well.

She was encouraged to “be of good comfort/courage”, “cheer up” and to “go in[to] peace (untroubled, undisturbed well-being).” Holy God, how truly awesome You are. Thank You!

The Message recognizes the danger involved in her action. “Jesus said to her, ‘Daughter, you took a risk trusting Me, and now you’re healed and whole. Live well, live blessed!’”

Lord God, that is what we long for. Living well. And blessed.

You provide us that power. Why? Because we are You beloved daughters [and sons]! Empower us in truly living well and blessed in Your peace.

How I love and thank You Dearest God. Use me as only You know is best. As Your beloved daughter. Amen.
(542 words ~ 9:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment