Monday, April 13, 2020

♪Living Hope♪

Monday, April 13, 2020 (7:15 a.m.)
Holy God,

I got to wake up singing again. Thank You Lord.

♪… Hallelujah… Jesus Christ, our Living Hope♪

I’m going to experiment here again. Confessing a twinge of sadness. With all the blessings You provide I judge myself harshly when I whine.

Oh look! Here’s a smile…

Yes. The mere mention of whining reminded me that Lent is over. Further helping me remember that I always have the choice between sulking and rejoicing. Which do You instruct?

Yep! There it is. Another song. ♪Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, “Rejoice!”♪ And that’s from Philippians 4:4.

Father, I cannot thank You enough for the ways You speak to us. To our hearts. Our souls. Our minds. Our strength. Through music. Your Word. Your promises.

So yes. There is a twinge of sadness. Lent is over. And I want very much to choose to smile, not sulk. Sing. Stand firm on Your Word. Stay my mind on Your promises.

Father, You are good. We are blessed. And we are so very grateful!

Turning again to Your Word, I land on Proverbs 22:17-19 and am practically giddy.

The Passion Translation. “Listen carefully and open your heart. Drink in the wise revelation that I impart. You’ll become winsome and wise when you treasure the beauty of my words. And always be prepared to share them at the appropriate time. For I’m releasing these words to you this day, yes, even to you, so that your living hope will be found in God alone, for He is the only One who is always true.”

Turning back to the first song of this day, my wonder was on the wording. ♪Living Hope♪ stresses Jesus Christ as our living hope. All the way to the very last line. ♪Jesus Christ, my living hope Oh God, You are my living hope♪

Yes! ♪Oh God, You are my living hope♪ Yes. Yes. Amen. Yes!

Father, take this living hope I have in You and use it to Your glory and the good of others. I love You Lord. ♪You are my living hope♪ Amen.

(354 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment