Saturday, April 4, 2020

all-encompassing

Saturday, April 4, 2020 (7:52 a.m.)
Holy God,

THANK YOU!

I was just starting to think, “I’m sad.” And scared. And lonely… And I immediately countered it with, “I FEEL sad…”

Thank You Father. Thank You that just that little switch in thinking changes everything. Feelings aren’t facts!

I can feel any number of emotions. All at the same time. And it doesn’t change all I am in You.

Thank You that with Your Truth comes a smile. Small though it may be to begin. Then bigger. Broader. All-encompassing. Thank You Lord.

Yes, thank You!! Thank You that just trading one word [feel] for another [am] changes everything. My mind. Heart. Soul. Even my strength.

Lord God, YOU are in charge here. Not the government. Nor health officials. You! And You are indeed all-encompassing.

Once again turning to Your Word allows strength to battle sadness. Faith beats out fear. Love and hope offset any degree of loneliness or hopelessness.

You Father. Your Word. Your promises. You won’t be ignored! Thank You.

Searching Your Word, I come to Psalm 119:96 in The Voice. “I have seen the limit of all perfection, but Your commands are all-encompassing.”

What is it going to take Dear Lord for us as a people of this world to come to You? In repentance. And obedience.

Your Word and its impact on our lives is depicted in this lengthy Psalm. New Living Translation tells us, “All Your commandments are trustworthy. Protect me from those who hunt me down without cause. They almost finished me off, but I refused to abandon Your commandments. In Your unfailing love, spare my life; that I can continue to obey Your decrees.” (vs. 86-88).

Yes Lord. Your decrees!

“Forever, O LORD, Your Word stands firm in heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth You created. Your laws remain true today, for everything serves Your plans” (89-91).

Oh, that we would come to truly revere Your plans!

“If Your law hadn’t sustained me with joy, I would have died in misery. I will never forget Your commandments, for You have used them to restore my joy and health. I am Yours; save me!” (92-94a).

Blessed, Holy Father God, we loveYou. We thank You. We need You. We praise You.

For now, I ask that You will continue all-encompassing us in Your perfect loving care. Be all we need You to be.

While I may very well slip back into feeling alone or afraid, that is by no means what I am! I am blessed and kept by You! (Numbers 6:24) And I depend on You to smile on and be gracious [merciful] to me (25).

Holy God, I ask You to look on us with Your favor and give us peace (Numbers 6:26). We are so loved by You that You gave Your one and only Son that whosever would believe in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

Father we stand on Your Truth. Your promises. Your plan. Your FACTS, not our feelings!

I love You Lord. Do all You must with me this day. Guarding and challenging my thoughts, bringing them all into accordance with Your Word. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(551 words ~ 10:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment