Thursday, April 16, 2020

God's grace and peace... Regrouped

Thursday, April 16, 2020 (6:30 a.m.)
Holy God,

You are good. And we thank You. For Your goodness. And Your grace. Your mercy. Your love. Your power. And Your plans.

Ooh… let us not forget Your peace. Yes! Your grace and peace!

A side trip over to “Dive Deeper d.i.v.e. means define, investigate, visualize and embrace [by] Jenifer Jernigan)” and I find myself excited and even more confused.
(10:40 a.m.)

Let me regroup right here. Rather than continuing to read and try to figure out what it is that You may very well have for me in all of this. Let me turn instead to the confession that is in my heart. My soul. My mind. And even my strength.

Father, as good as I know You are. As available as I believe Your grace and peace to be for each and every single one who would accept, it is for those who WON’T [or is it can’t?] accept You and Your promises that my heart truly breaks.

Lord God, You ARE so very good. Your way is perfect. Thank You that even [ESPECIALLY!] here Your Word screams out to me.

It is NOT Your grace and peace that I am to be searching at the moment. It truly is the byproduct of Your presence. Turning my search from this book and that and coming instead to Your feet I am once again buoyed.

Matthew 11:28a (The Passion Translation), “Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden?” YES! Yes, I am! I hurt so very much for the sadness of others Lord.

“Then come to Me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis” (Matthew 11:28b, c). Thank You Lord.

I don’t have to do an extensive study on Your grace and peace right now. No. Instead I can turn to The Life Recovery Bible and again be reminded, “Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light” (29-30).

The burden I'm feeling for others right now is anything but light Dearest Lord. The reality of addiction and substance abuse is devastating. And truly not mine to carry.

As much as I love and care, I have to stay in my lane. Doing what I can, when I can. And knowing when to excuse myself from the chaos, crisis and confusion.

There is such turmoil Lord. But it doesn’t have to be mine. There is all this hurt and I want so desperately to share Your grace and peace.

Turning to Matthew in Illustrated Bible Handbook I read the final paragraph of “Chapters 8-11. The King’s Authority Jesus turns in praise to the Father. The nation will reject its king, but weary and burdened individuals will turn to the Lord. They will find rest in His gentle care (25-30).”

That’s me this morning Lord. Weary and burdened. Thank You that it truly IS in You we find rest. Grace and peace. Yes. For now I’ll rest. Trust. Hope. Believe. Ask. Seek. Knock. And rest some more.

Thank You for the smile, Jesus. Later on a song would be nice. For now? I’ll take the rest. And Your yoke. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit.

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for each of us this day that we would honestly come to worship and adore You as we ought. I love You Father. I need You. I trust You. And I thank You. How truly I come thanking and praising You. Amen.
(615 words ~ 11:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment