Thursday, April 26, 2018

trust and believe


Monday, April 23, 2018 (7:25 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that we are free. Free to love You. Free to be loved by You.

(8:55 a.m.)

Yes, most holy God! Free to be loved by You. Yes! Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You.

I get to read Your Word. Trust and believe Your promises. Because of Your enormous, extravagant love for each and every single one of us, I am filled with excitement [agog] to consider the following question from Illustrated Bible Handbook.

1 Thessalonians Chapter 1. The Word Heard Evidence of Response; 1:4-10. “What is there in your own life that shows the gospel ‘came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction’ (1:5)?”

What in deed!

Ah, this smile. The one that represents the “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23a) that comes from growing in Your love.

Thank You Father. As I prepare to go out into this day, I ask that You would go before, beside, behind, above, below and within me. Guide, direct, empower and perfect me in living this one day exactly as You wish.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to do all that You must in teaching me to trust and believe the freedom I have in loving and being loved by You.

The comment in The Life Recovery Bible for 1 Thessalonians 1:4-6 ends with this truth, “When we recognize our powerlessness and entrust our life to God, we allow God’s infinite resources to work on our behalf.” Yes, please!

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(289 words ~ 9:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment