Friday, April 20, 2018

Jesus' friends ~ 3/30/18


Good Friday, March 30, 2018 (7:17 a.m.)
Enroute Ensenada, MX
Holy God,

I read it yesterday. I want it to be my life’s Truth. “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future” (Proverbs 31:25). Truly Father, what would that even look like? I absolutely want to know. Experience. Feel. Live. Each day fully esteeming and revering You. Yes. From You comes all strength, dignity, laughter and fearlessness. Work in and with, by, through and for me to this end I pray.
(8:29 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy, Perfect Father God,

Today marks the anniversary of what I consider the biggest example of man’s inhumanity to man. The One true innocent of the world was unjustly arrested and tried, savagely beaten, mocked, scorned and hung on a cross for the good of the crowd.

I confess to You Most Holy Dad, I most often avoid looking at the gory details of all this day represents. Humanity at its worse. Thank You that we live in the age that knows the joy of The Resurrection that came on Sunday.

As I take a horrifying look at the pain and injustice of it all, again I thank and praise You for the sacrifice You gave on my behalf.
(11:56 a.m.)

Here, because I can’t shake the malaise I am feeling about this day and what it represents I am taking the five minutes to tap out my feelings. Thoughts. Emotions. Asking You Most Blessed God to come with me through this process. Lead me. Guide me. Allow me to bend into You. Give into You. Trust You completely . I love You. I want to be considered Your good and faithful servant. I fall short. So far short. My mind is polluted with throughts and wonders that have nothing to do with Your righteousness. Let me get the focus back toYour love for each of us. Your love that propmted You to give us Your  Son in exchange for our sins. I shake my head in practical disbelief all the time thinking, “Not a good trade”. Not a good trade for sure! Father thank You that in our unworthiness You are made all the more worthy. Or is that even a thing. You can’t be made even more worthy than You already are. Can You?

There are so very many things I do not know . I dont understand. I practically even wonder if I care to know.


And five minutes later I sit. Still. At noon. On Good Friday. Wondering. Marveling. Reading.

More of Your Word. More about Your Word. Prophesy of the crucifixion. Fulfillment of the prophesy.

“When the captain of the Roman soldiers handling the executions saw what happened, he praised God and said, ‘Surely this man was innocent [righteous]. And when the crowd that came to see the crucifixion saw all that happened, they went home in deep sorrow [beating their breasts]. But Jesus’ friends, including the women who had followed Him from Galilee, stood at a distance watching” (Luke 23:47-49).

And herein lies the GOOD of Good Friday for me. Hope for what is to come. We have the advantage of history on our side.

This is where I tearfully thank and praise You for this gift You have provided us. A Psalty the Singing Songbook song sings out loudly within me ♪Take the gift Take the gift Take the gift It’s free♪

Yes Father. Free for me. Not You. Not Your Son. My freedom cost You everything. Thank You.

Continue Your work in me I pray.

The Life Recovery Bible comment in Luke 23:32-34 “Jesus forgave those who nailed Him to the cross. Here in the most unjust situation in history, unlimited forgiveness was extended. If Christ forgave in this way frm the cross, no sin we’ve committed is too great for His forgiveness. As we accept His forgiveness, we are freed to forgive those who have sinned against us. Christ helps us release our bitterness and resentment, which only imprison us. His forgiveness empowers us to be forgiving people - forgiving ourself and those who have hurt us.”

Let me honor You on this darkest day in history. Continue doing all You must in turning me into the woman You created me to be. Yours. Completely, lovingly, forgivingly Yours. Thank You Father. Praise You Jesus. Bless You Holy Spirit. Use me as You wish. Amen.

(746 words ~ 12:52 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment