Friday, April 27, 2018

the great and awesome God


Friday, April 27, 2018 (6:37 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Mm. Yes. Awesome. God. My mind does not easily wrap around Your awesomeness. I start reading in Your Word. Turn here (Exodus and Deuteronomy). Look there (Nehemiah and Isaiah). Smile. Hope. Get genuinely excited [agog]. Wonder. Ponder. Smile. And hope some more.

I am confessing laziness to You Dear Lord. Sitting. Watching. Waiting. Or am I truly confessing reluctance? Resistance? Yep. There it is.

Gonna be honest here. Ack! What this going to look like? Not pretty.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to know You as great and awesome. Thank You that even when I feel down-hearted, I know You to be good. You do not change (Malachi 3:6; James 1:17b).

Thank You that even as I struggle with fear, disappointment, a little twinge of bitterness or resentment, I know that underneath it all is You. You who is the great and awesome God.

I am asking You to do all You must in me this day. There are things that are broken and not working properly. I’d rather hide than face them all.

Thank You for letting me come to You, seeking Your goodness. Your grace. Your power. Do all you must in clearing the wreckage of my past. I waver. Vacillate. Determine. Resolve. Only to crumble. And not care.

Thank You that YOU are my Resolve. I turn to Revelation 3:19. Have I become “spiritually blind and destitute… indifferent - lukewarm” (The Life Recovery Bible comment 3:14-21)?

Mm. And here comes the smile. The Message, “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”

Mm, yes! Live at my best. Running after You. Instead away from troubles.

Jesus told His disciples, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have over come the world” (John 16:33).

Take heart indeed! I am seeking His grace, Your love and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:13) as I ‘turn from my indifference’ (Revelation 3:19).

Yes Father. You are the great and awesome God. You are able to do all that is necessary in changing me as You wish. 

Mm. “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with US all” (Revelation 22:20b-21).

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(428 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment