Thursday, April 26, 2018

still


Wednesday, April 25, 2018 (7:50 a.m.)
Garden Grove, CA
Most Dear and Blessed, Holy Father God,

How I love You. And immediately I am singing ♪Oh, how He loves you and me♪.

Holiest God, thank You. I confess to feeling shaky and a little more than weepy this morning. No cause of which I am aware. Just shaky and weepy.

But let me start off by acknowledging my love for You and “Bam!” I’m in Your Word. Rejoicing; still with an undertone of shakiness and weepiness.

Thank You Father. Thank and praise You. I am well aware of the work You are doing in me. I don’t claim to understand it. I can’t explain all the nuances. Oh, but I am keenly aware.

Thank You for the times I stand, still, wondering, noticing, paying close attention. I notice myself wanting to bolt. Run away. Hide. Yet I stay. Thank You for working in me. With me. By, through and for me.

Thank You that as I come to You. Calling You. Seeking You. Loving You. I still don’t claim to understand any of it.

I am much more inclined to recognizing discomfort, and not rushing to change it. I stay quieter. Examining thoughts and feelings. Not knowing what to do with them, I seem to let them pass.

Just like now. Still feeling shaky. Ah, but far less weepy. Maybe a little stronger. Perhaps “clothed in strength and dignity” (Proverbs 31:25a). Preparing to “laugh with no fear of the future (v. 25b).

Yes! You do this for us. We seek You. And we find You when we seek You will all heart (Jeremiah 29:13).

The Message for Jeremiah 29:13-14 says, “‘When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.’ GOD’S Decree. ‘I’ll turn things around for you. I’ll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you’ - GOD’S Decree - ‘bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.”

I think this is how I am feeling. What I am experiencing. A sense of coming back home. To the true me [“new self”] that You created.

Your Word (Colossians 3) speaks of this new self. International Children’s Bible calls it “new life”. Verse nine, “Do not lie to each other. You have left your old sinful life and the things you did before.” I believe that. 

“You have begun to live the new life. In your new life you are being made new. You are becoming like the One who made you. This new life brings you the true knowledge of God” (v. 10).

Yes please. Blessed, Holy, Father God, continue Your work in making me fully into the woman You created me to be. I love You. I thank You. I long to serve You. Exactly as You wish. Change me as You know is necessary. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(517 words ~ 9:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment