Tuesday, April 24, 2018

mighty power


Tuesday, April 17, 2018 (7:23 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Your mighty power is alive and well and working inside of me. “Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (Ephesians 3:20).

I experienced it yesterday. I was frustrated. Things weren’t going as I had expected. I felt justified in my blaming. I started stomping. Storming. And cursing. Then I remembered the work I’ve been doing in the book Love Is Letting Go of Fear.

Yesterday’s lesson, “I can escape from the world I see by giving up attack thoughts.” Considering my desire to experience peace of mind I immediately ceased my tirade. The problem I was working on didn’t miraculously disappear.

As I changed my focus from the irritation to my response to it, I purposely took a deep breath. I felt myself settle and calm down. I remembered to “Relax and be amused” (The Little Book of Letting Go). Then I smiled. Laughed out loud. And said, “Thank You Jesus!”

Indeed. Thank You Jesus. I remembered Your words (John 16:33) to Your disciples. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Mm, yes! You have overcome the world! I get to choose to relax [“Be still and know that I am God!”] (Psalm 46:10a). And be amused ♪Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, “Rejoice!”♪ (Philippians 4:4).

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. It IS Your mighty power that is at work within me. Continue teaching and using me as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(303 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment