Tuesday, April 24, 2018

teaching


Wednesday, April 18, 2018 (6:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

You are still teaching me. Thank You!

Thank You that You are perfect. Good. Kind. Gracious. Forgiving. All the things we need You to be.

Thank You that I get to turn to Your Word and learn. I read. I hope. Sit. Consider. Smile. Breathe in deeply. Cherish.

Mm, yes Father. How I cherish You and Your Word.

I read Isaiah 42:1-4 of The Lord’s Chosen Servant. You describe Him as Your servant whom You strengthen (v. 1). Your chosen one. With whom You are pleased.

Your Spirit was put upon Him. He will reveal justice to the nations. Being gentle, not shouting or raising His voice in public (2). “He will not crush those who are weak or quench the smallest hope. He will bring full justice to all who have been wronged” (3).

Holy God, how I thank You. So often I feel faint-hearted. Timid. Easily frightened. I read Your promises and take heart.

“He will not stop until truth and righteousness prevail throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for His instruction [teaching, law, decrees]” (4).

Other translations tell us, “He will not falter or be discouraged till He establishes justice on earth. In His teaching the islands will put their hope.” Mm, yes. The perfect place for me to put my hope. His teaching.

Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.

A comment for this section of Scripture in The Life Recovery Bible says, “No description could be more encouraging to us as we seek deliverance from injuries and fragile emotions. He is gentle, He will not crush us. He will encourage us and bring justice to the wrongs we have suffered.” What hope comes from choosing to believe Your promises!

“Even as children, many of us have endured abuse or wrongdoings that we did nothing to deserve. But we need to let go of the hatred and bitterness we feel because Christ will judge the people who have hurt us. We need God’s help to put these events behind us so we can move on in the recovery process.”

I look around me. Seeing so many who were desperately hurt as children. Continue Your work in teaching us all the fine arts of forgiveness and love. Oh how I do love You!

Use me this day for Your good and Your glory. Let me practice well the Truth You are teaching. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(422 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment