Thursday, April 26, 2018

Fun-loving.


Thursday, April 26, 2018 (6:27 a.m.)
Holy, Holy, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that even when I’m not sure for all I am thankful, I am thankful. Thank You Father.

Thank You for rest. Thank You for fun. Mm, yes. Fun.
(7:38 a.m.)

I’ve spent more than an hour searching Your Word. Attempting to confirm my belief that we are indeed designed to have fun.

I didn’t seek Your guidance first. Just dove straight in. Now I’m feeling overwhelmed and anxious. So, here I pause. Take a deep breath. Ask You to guide me. Speak to me as only You can.

I love You. I look to You. I long to be the woman You have created me to be. Fun-loving. Easy-going. These are words I desperately want to describe me. But even the smile on my face at this very moment belies the truth. I am anything but.

You know Your plan for me. Your best for all of us.

“Light-hearted and lively”. Your Word has so much to say about how we are to live are lives. The words I am coming across support my thinking. Carefree. Joyful. Glad. Happy. Playful. Untroubled. Gleeful.

Do all You must in making me so Blessed God. ‘Clothed with strength and dignity, laughing with no fear of the future’ (Proverbs 31:25).

Praising You and having fun is how I long to live this day. Loving You, myself and others as You would have us love (Mark 12:30-31). Deeply (1 Peter 4:8). Extravagantly (The Message; 1 Corinthians 13:13). Freely (1 John 4:7-10). Well (The Message; Philippians 1:9).

Teach me Father. I have so much more to learn. I love You. Amen.

(294 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment