Thursday, April 19, 2018

"so wonderfully complex" ~ 3/29/18


Maundy Thursday, March 29, 2018 (9:48 a.m.)
Enroute Ensenada, MX
Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You. Talk to me I pray.

I am blessed. Uniquely, incredibly blessed. I know this. I believe it. And at the very same time I question the malcontent I so often feel.

Thank You Father that I get to bring all my questions, doubts, fears and self-incriminations before You. I love You. I long to serve You. And I want others to see the joy You bring to our lives.

Holy God and Father, am I correct in deciding to believe that even when I am not feeling joyful at any given moment, that underneath it all there truly is joy still deep in my heart? Yes. I long for this to be true.

The smile on my face right now matches the one on my heart, in my mind and my soul. Simply by beginning to read Psalm 139 I felt my head nod as I relaxed into Your Truth.

“O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You both precede and follow me. You place Your hand of blessing on my head” (Psalm 139:1-5).

There’s nothing I can say to You about how my mind often twists my way of thinking that surprises You. You know me. And You love me anyway! Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to choose to believe Your Word. I get to “Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex!” (v. 14a). And I am not the only one. You did this for us all.

The Life Recovery Bible helps me unite with Your Truth and Your promises. A Serenity Prayer devotional for this Psalm presents this reality, “Maybe we have difficulty accepting our personality, our appearance, our handicap, or even our talents.” Maybe? Hmm… There are others like me?

Thank You Father. For making me so wonderfully complex. Let that be my prayer to You this day. Every single time I start to judge my unworthiness please remind me that “Your workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it” (14b).

Quoting again from the devotional, “Beauty and value are designed into the very fiber of our being by virtue of our Creator. One important step in the recovery process is to allow God to remove self-hatred, helping us to value ourself for who we are.” Miraculously created. Treasured by You. Embraced and accepted by You Yourself. So wonderfully complex.

Yes Father. Let me truly laugh out loud at the complexity of all You have made in each of us.
(11:02 a.m.)

As I continue searching Your Word before going out to get started with this glorious day with which You have blessed us, I intentionally read of Jesus’ Last Supper. A time that never ceases to fill me with sadness as I consider His great sacrifice on my behalf.

Thank You Jesus for Your willingness to die that I might live. Do all You wish in making “God’s will known to us and our heartfelt needs known to God” (The Life Recovery Bible comment for John 17:1-26).

Continue revealing “God’s mercy, justice, glory, truth and desire to establish a personal relationship with each of us.” You prayed that we would know Your “perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in truth and holiness, and show love toward all people.” I ask this in Your most Holy name Jesus.

In all my wonderful complexity, let others see You in and through me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(656 words ~ 11:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment