Thursday, April 26, 2018

this present unknown


Friday, April 20, 2018 (6:56 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

I am confessing to feeling sad right now. I don’t know why. I’ve tried all my usual sadness blasters. To no avail.

So… I bring it to You. Sadness. Just like it is. Unpolished. Raw.

And with it, I sit here thanking You. Thank You that Your Word has much to say about sadness. Taking Time to Grieve (Genesis 23:1-4; 35:19-21), Facing the Sadness (Nehemiah 8:7-10), Constructive Sorrow (2 Corinthians 7:8-11), Our Mission (Isaiah 61:1-3).

Mm, thank You Father. I read of smiles. Beauty for ashes. Joy instead of mourning. Praise instead of despair. The joy of the LORD. Godly sorrow. And I notice myself smiling. Faintly.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I don’t have to ♪put on a happy face♪. I get to sit. Breathe deeply. Pause. Wonder. Hope. And thank. Yes Holy God, I am profoundly grateful to You.

I am asking Your hand in guiding and directing me through this present unknown. And even here I smile. While today holds plenty of unknowns for me, none of what is in store is unknown to You. Thank You. Father. Praise You.

With yet another long, deep breath I turn again to the simplicity of the Serenity Prayer, asking Your blessing and keeping of me this day. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” Yes please.

Work in me as You know is best. Do all You must in helping me grieve and face whatever sadness that is underlying here this day.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(291 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment