Monday, April 23, 2018

less fear


Monday, April 9, 2018 (7:17 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

You are doing a good work in me. I especially noticed it on Saturday. I quite naturally and easily suggested a change in plans. No malice. Or hard feelings. Just a very simple, “I can do this.”

Thank You Father. I was fully aware of experiencing a steadiness. A firm footing. A sense of knowing I was less fearful. I still can’t call it fearlessness. But definitely less fear. Thank You God.

Looking into Your Word I find myself smiling. Contently.

Psalm 119:33-35. “Teach me, O LORD, to follow every one of Your principles. Give me understanding and I will obey Your law; I will put it into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of Your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.” Mmm. Yes!

Illustrated Bible Handbook for Psalm 119 says, “The Word of God, and its impact in the life of the believer, is the subject of this great work of poetry.” Yes. Thank You that I get to experience the effect of Your Truth on my life.

Psalm 119:36-40. “Give me an eagerness for Your decrees; do no inflict me with love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through Your Word (in Your ways). Reassure me of Your promise, which is for those who honor You. Help me abandon my shameful ways; Your laws are all I want in my life. I long to obey Your commandments! Renew my life with Your goodness.”

You are doing precisely that. Helping me abandon my shameful ways. Instilling a longing to obey Your commandments. Renewing my life with Your goodness. Truly providing that “peace, which surpasses all understanding” down in my heart (Philippians 4:7).

Yes! That is what I have been experiencing. You doing an excellent work in me. Making me willing and able to obey You (Philippians 2:13).

Oh, how I ask You to continue Your fine good work in me (Philippians 1:6). Thank You. I love You. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. With so very much less fear. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(366 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment