Thursday, April 26, 2018

cacophony


Thursday, April 19, 2018 (6:46 a.m.)
Holiest, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You. Thank You.

You continue Your work in me. I see it. I feel it. I am learning to recognize it. To know it. And I am grateful for it. For You. Thank You Father.

Left on my own I fuss. And fret. Ah, but You never leave us on our own. You are always near us.

Holiest God, there is a cacophony going on inside my head at this very moment. Snippets of songs are clamoring. Not only to be heard, but focused upon.

♪Do you want to build a snowman?♪ What? ♪Nothing But the Blood of Jesus♪ ♪You delight in showing mercy, Mercy triumphs over judgment♪

Such Truth. So much hope. All found in Your Word. Well, except the snowman…

Nope. On further exploration of the lyrics, even the snowman fits with what You want for us.

Most Holy God, the tears have formed and are starting to roll. The thoughts are all blurring together as I seek Your message for me here.

I thought I was going to find it in the Psalms. Relating to You always being near. Before that, I was sure it would be 1 John 1:5-7. Your light. Jesus’ blood.

But what if it is really found in the simplicity of a younger sister yearning for the companionship of her elder. One who has locked herself away. For what she believed to be the good of the kingdom.

Here this little sister sings as she knocks. ♪Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let’s go and play. I never see you anymore. Come out the door. It’s like you’ve gone away - We used to be best buddies And now we’re not. I wish You would tell me why! Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman♪

Jesus, I turn to Revelation 3:20 and can contain myself no longer. Dearest Biggest Brother, how do we unlock ourselves to fully open the doors of our hearts and let You in? How do we get to the point that we absolutely share You with others?

You are the way. The Truth. And the life. No one can get to the Father except through You (John 14:6). Is it really just as easy as opening the door? And letting You in?

Am I on the right track when I envision You outside my door singing ♪Dear One Please, I know you’re in there. People [Our Father and Holy Spirit?] are asking where you’ve been… I’m right out here for you, just let me in. We only have each other. It’s just you and me. What are we gonna do? Do you wanna build a snowman? Or ride our bikes around the halls♪

Yes Jesus! What would it be like to ride our bikes together around the halls? You never leave us. 

You even told Your disciples, “You must not let yourselves be distressed - you must hold on to your faith in God and to your faith in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s House. If there were not, should I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? It is true that I am going away to prepare a place for you, but it is just as true that I am coming again to welcome you into my own home, so that you may be where I am. You know where I am going and you know the road I am going to take” (John 14:1-4 J.B. Phillips New Testament).

And in all of this You never left us alone. “If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor [Comforter, Encourager, Paraclete] who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads in all truth… No I will not abandon you as orphans - I will come to you” (John 14:15-18).

Do I want to build a snowman? You already did! Do I want to come out and play with You? Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes!

Continue your work in me that I will widely fling open the doors to my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength that I would love You, myself and others as You command (Mark 12:30-31). Wholly. Completely. Without reservation.

I love You. I trust You. I need You. I ask You: ♪Into my heart, into my heart, Come into my heart, Lord Jesus; Come in today, come in to stay [PLAY!]; Come into my heart, Lord Jesus♪ (Ephesians 3:16-17).

And here’s a verse I’ve never known, ♪Out of my heart, out of my heart, Shine out of my heart, Lord Jesus; Shine out today, shine out alway; Shine out of my heart, Lord Jesus♪ Yes! Please. I love You. Amen.

(823 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment