Sunday, May 21, 2017

why not?

Sunday, May 21, 2017 (6:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

Why a rhinoceros? That's the question of the morning. I keep trying to let go of the crazy dream I had. Yet the overwhelming wonder continues popping up, why would we possibly think buying a rhinoceros for a pet was a good idea?

And here is the counter thought. Why not? Yes. Father, work in me this day that I can come to let go of the things that are impossible for me to understand.

Mm... Blessed Being, thank You! Here I get to take another look at Job's suffering and the misguided advice of one of his friends. Bildad from Shuah (Job 8) had his own opinion and understanding of his friend's misfortune.

The Life Recovery Bible footnote tells us “8:8-22 Bildad was correct in some of his theology, but he erred in the application of his knowledge. God saw Job as blameless and upright (see 1:8; 2:3), not as unfaithful or disobedient. Job's suffering was not the result of a wayward life. It is not our job to guess the purpose of another person's pain. It is our job to offer comfort and support.”

Yes. Yes. And yes! How often I sit around wondering, “Why?”

It is NOT my job to guess Your purposes – even the reason of buying a rhinoceros as a pet. Instead, why not learn to offer comfort and support, genuine love. Only YOU truly know Your plans and Your reasons.

Work in me Blessed God. Lead and guide me in becoming one who comforts and encourages. I love You. Thanks for guiding me in Your Word this morning. Why not learn to let go of old patterns? Yes, please. Keep up Your fine good work on my behalf.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.

(302 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment