Monday, May 15, 2017

unlimited love

Monday, May 15, 2017 (7:02 a.m.)
Loving Lord,

Thank You for Your love. Mm, yes. This morning I am struggling with the conflicts in my mind of all Your Word claims love to be and what I see going on in the world. It actually feels like an all out war. So here I am, bringing it again to You.

Holy God, thank You that we are invited to bring You our messy lives (Matthew 11:28-30). Once again I confess to hesitating to trust. There is a lot of potential hurt out there. If I let my guard down I could get my feelings hurt. At the very same time, locking myself away doesn't keep me safe from myself.

Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Those are where I need to put my focus.

♫Hallelujah is playing in my mind. Tears are filling my eyes. And my heart just keeps breaking. Again I tell You, I don't trust. I won't trust. There is just so much hurt out there.

I read of Your unlimited love (Ephesians 3:16-19). I get excited. I believe. I risk hoping. Then the indifference of others floods my mind. Your Word tells me to counter these thoughts with those that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8).

I ask You to keep my focus on You. And Your unlimited love. Root me. Ground me. Grow me in Your “glorious, unlimited resources” (Ephesians 3:16) that I would truly come to love You and others as You would have me love. With all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).

Left in my own thinking, I readily go to the negative, grudge holding, case building thoughts that want to take hold. Do all You must to change me Lord. My heart (Psalm 51:10). My mind. My hopes. Put it all in You Blessed God. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.
(323 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment