Monday, May 8, 2017

running

Monday, May 8, 2017 (6:40 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for a visual of the message we heard in church yesterday. Just before waking up I dreamt I was camping when the fog rolled in so fast I started to run. Right here I stop to smile at the very thought of me running for any reason.

Mm, yes Father, thank You for smiles. Thank You for reminders of Your presence in every aspect of our being.

This morning my thoughts are swirling. Touching on the dream of the Smoky Mountains and revisiting my notes from the service we attended online.

Holy God, thank You for the opportunity to look to Your Word and be reminded again of the importance of fixing “our eyes on the hope of Heaven to come, on the Promised Land!” (Adam Cappa; Christian singer-songwriter). Mm, yes Father.

Using the word 'smoky' I read one of the descriptions “beyond space and time” (Illustrated Bible Handbook) the apostle John shares while he was exiled on the island of Patmos. Revelation 9:17 in The Message, “This is how these horses and their riders appeared in my vision: the riders wore breastplates of fiery red, smoky blue, and sulfur yellow.”

It is once again not the verse that stirs my thinking, but the comment that circles me back to my dream. The Life Recovery Bible Revelation 9:13-21, “... We can either give up and fall into deeper bondage, or we can recognize how helpless we are and receive God's gift of deliverance and recovery. The choice is ours!”

Along with this choice we are offered The Whole Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18). The Life Recovery Bible footnote stresses, “While we may be firmly grounded in sound doctrine and accept our responsibility to live a godly life, we must be aware of the fierce, invisible warfare satan wages against us.”

My first notation from yesterday's service reads, “HOPE shines brightest in the darkness.” Adam Cappa's song “PROMISED LAND” shares the hope he and his wife have clung to this past year as they've “walked in fire and hardship... We don't understand the Lord's plan, but we know and trust that He is good! And His plans for us are good! Even though it feels like we are losing and our backs are against the water...”

Father, You speak to us in so many ways. Keep me attuned to hearing You. Adapt my listening to Your holy, heavenly voice.

Now back to that dream and all the symbolism involved... Smoky Mountains, fog, yesterday's teaching that “a fog covering seven city blocks is composed of 1 glass of water (about 60 billion tiny droplets)” and me running.

What I find most incredible when I stop to think of it all is that I was not running out of fear, but because I was eager and excited to tell [AGOG]! Instead of running from something potentially fearful, I was earnestly running toward someone safe [the dear husband].

As I ponder all this today Lord, I ask You to continue Your work in making me eager to tell Your Truth. Work in each of us that we will learn to use the time You have allotted us to Your good and to Your glory.

We have sunshine and fair weather predicted for this day. Use me exactly as You wish. I love You. And I long to serve You, well! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(569 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment