Monday, May 29, 2017

watching the wind through Whitewater

Memorial Day Monday, May 29, 2017 (6:06 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. 69 years ago this morning my two very young, not yet parents “watch(ed) the wind through Whitewater” as they drove off to be married. A phrase regarding safety that has lovingly been repeated many times throughout the years.

My thoughts are deep this morning, Blessed God. There's a huge sob of lament just beneath my surface that wishes things had been different throughout all those years. I consider all the missed opportunities of having loved ones truly know You.

Okay. Deep breath. Close my Bible. Let it simply fall open wherever it may. Huge smile. Almost laugh. “Lamentations RECOVERY THEMES”. Kind of funny!

The Importance of Grief; The Pain of Consequences; The Gift of Our Emotions; Forgiveness – A Way of Life. Mm, yes, Father guide and direct my thinking and understanding this morning.

Grief is the process that helps us to recover from our losses. In it we come to terms with the past and find freedom to live in the reality of the present” (The Life Recovery Bible).

Mm, yes Father. I spent years romanticizing my familial history. This morning I am here asking You to enable me to truly celebrate all the mistakes and discord that have brought us to this time and place.

(8:17 a.m.)
Most Blessed and Holy God,

I just got off the phone with one of the by-products of my parents' union. Generations of miscommunications has struck another relationship. Hurts. Silence. Inability to feel and speak Truth have yielded more pain.

Father, I call on Your most Holy name to intervene. You and Your name were not the basis of our early home life. Well... except when it was taken in vain. We have learned through the years, by trial and error, Who and All You are. Be there with this “kid” Blessed God.

Let him truly come to know and trust You. Let him give in fully to living in and with You. You alone are good (Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19). Teach him how to depend on You. Your love. Your Truth.

Yes Father. 69 years ago wind was watched. Mistakes were made. Generations have suffered. And You are still God. Able to “accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (Ephesians 3:20).

This I pray Dearest God. Bless and keep, smile on and be gracious to, show Your favor and give Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26) as You so desire to do.

Thank You Father for the love of those two teenagers so long ago. Misguided and tumultuous as it was. Thank You that through all these years we are at a place where their offspring are coming to know, love, trust and desire YOU most of all.

We love You Dad and we thank You for teaching us all to “watch the wind through Whitewater”. Oh, look. More tears. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.
(489 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment