Friday, May 26, 2017

"maturity comes through loving"

Friday, May 26, 2017 (6:02 a.m.)
Oh most dear and holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that at the end of the day, or of the dream whichever the case may be, “these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Blessed God, thank You that as I awoke from a rather unusual dream this verse immediately came to mind. Along with the “look for America” song, which really makes no sense to me.

Yes Father, as the song continues singing in my mind I still don't understand why. I look to You Blessed Dad. Is there something here You want me to see?

Otherwise, will You talk to me more about the “spiritual maturity [that] is revealed by love, and [the] maturity [that] comes through loving” (Illustrated Bible Handbook Chapter 13. Love). Mm, yes Father. Maturity.

“This brief chapter presents the priority of love in understanding spirituality. No gifts benefit the users if they are not motivated by love (vs. 1-3). Love is not shown in the use of a gift, but in the patience, kindness, selflessness, and forgiveness which infuse a person's character (4-7)…”

Mm, Father, I read. I think. I stop. And wonder. Now I ask You to empower me to live this day as You would have me live it.

A footnote for The Life Recovery Bible speaks of Your Truth.“13:11-13 Recovery and growth are never complete in this life; we are always in recovery – always growing. We are still children, needing to mature. Only when we see God face to face will we be complete and whole. Paul shares this truth not to discourage us, but to give us hope that someday we will be made perfect.”

Oh, yes. Please continue Your work in maturing us.

We will persevere in the process of recovery if we have faith in God and those around us. We need hope to endure and be healed from our painful problems and addiction. Most of all we need genuine love to conquer the barriers and bondage of our past. Faith, hope, and love are all necessary to successful recovery. Genuine love, however is the greatest healer of all.”

We've been witness to Your genuine love quite a bit this past week. Thank You Father. Yes, use Your perfect genuine love to heal us that we would continue growing in Your Word. Maturing into the people You would have us be.

Thank You God. Use me this day as You wish. Mature me that I would come to love as You originally designed us to love. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(443 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment