Wednesday, May 10, 2017

pupa and plants

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 (7:09 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

So... the words I woke up with this morning have me wondering. Pupas and plants. Are we going to be talking about growing? Changing? Maturity? I'm in Father. Lead, guide and direct me as You wish.

Holy, Holy God, there is so incredibly much to learn. An excitement I often forget I have buried deep within! I actually have this dazed feeling as I read Your Word and consider the various ways You speak to us.

Blessed Father, direct my growth this day. Reading the verses Illustrated Bible Handbook relates to Maturity I become all the more excited. Truly Father, I can't think this fast! 1 John 3:2; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 4:19; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:10; Hebrews 5:14 speak of Your image in us, development, new nature, maturity.

Our life can be one of constant growth. Maturity is something that comes gradually and is gained through experience” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). “As we grow, we are to continue to aim for what is true” (The Life Recovery Bible, Honesty).

Mm, Father. Grow me. In You. Your strength. Your power. YOUR perfection! “Spiritual growth, eventual maturity, and balance can happen only through application – acting on what we know to be true. As we meditate on God's Word, we will do the right things; the more we do what is right, the more it becomes second nature to us. Like an athlete, we need to discipline our body, training it to do what it should through making right choices, which leads to spiritual and emotional maturity” (footnote TLRB, Hebrews 5:14).

Words with which I am somewhat unfamiliar help me long for You all the more. Pupa. Chrysalis. Imago. Stages of development. Oh Blessed God, how I need and want You to be Lord of my life. I love You. Grow me I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(316 words ~ 8:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment