Wednesday, May 3, 2017

contentment ~ 4/26/17

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 (10:57 a.m. MDT)
Approaching Cabo San Lucas, MX
Ruby Princess
Holy God,

Thank You. I am feeling exceptionally lazy this morning. And I am choosing to say thank You anyway. My mind is telling me to figure it out, while all else encourages me to just give in to the contentedness.

So, I look to You. Do I rest here in the contentment of my soul? Sitting. Resting. Relaxing, Absorbing. Hmm...

Yes, Father, I do look to You. Guide me in Your Word this morning. I ask You to direct me in the understanding and applying of Your Truth and promises. I seek to glorify and enjoy You forever.

Mm, yes. Guide me. Teach me. Empower and enable me in knowing and obeying Your will (Step 11 of 12 Steps).
(12:30 p.m. MDT)

The Life Recovery Bible STEP 11 Patient Waiting BIBLE READING: Isaiah 40:28-31

We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contacts with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.”

Blessed Holy God, thank You for guiding and prompting me. Thank You for reminding me of the so many things I am quick to forget. Keep working Your mercy and grace in Christ on my behalf.

I am so grateful to read “that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth... He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak... those who wait on the LORD will find new strength...” (Isaiah 40:28-31).

It is heartening to again study the Step 11 devotion for this passage. Thank You for the contentment that can be found in patient waiting. Thank You that we get to practice trusting You to work in, with, by, through and for each of us.

“Every part of the recovery process requires time and patience. This step also requires that we learn to wait for God.” Mm yes. Father, continue instilling in me the value and importance of trusting and waiting on You.

I love You. I long to serve You well. And I am asking You to guide and direct my every thought, word, and deed this day. Thank You Loving Father. Amen.
(379 words ~ 1:08 p.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment