Wednesday, May 3, 2017

plumb

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 (6:57 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Mm. Thank You.

Yes. Thank You Father. I confess to again feeling off plumb. Oh, but look at this smile. And the added bonus of a giggle. Yes. Father, thank You!

“Half a bubble off plumb.” That describes me quite accurately at the moment. A little out of kilter. Not aligned or balanced.

Thank You that we get to bring ourselves before You exactly as we are. Wherever we are in our physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual well-being we are invited by You into Your presence. Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your Word. Our absolute Plumb Line. Yes. Thank and praise You God.

The Message cites four sections of Scripture using the word plumb. Psalm 33:4-5; Isaiah 28:16-17; Amos 7:7-9; Ephesians 3:14-19. Reading each reminds me of Your power and strength. Thank You Father.

So here I am, feeling “half a bubble off plumb”, all the while believing You to be the God You and Your Word claim You to be.

Reading The Life Recovery Bible's footnotes for these passages, I breathe in deeply and rest. Reminded that “Such a powerful God is worthy of our trust and praise. The God who spoke the universe into existence is able to re-create us, and He is filled with tender love for us. He can heal us of the defects that have brought destruction to us and the people we love. All He asks is that we turn our life over to Him so He can work these changes in us” (Psalm 33:1-11).

Yes. Yes. And yes!

A subtitle for the portion selected in Ephesians names this section “Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Empowerment”. Mm, yes. Father empower me spiritually I pray. I long to “plumb the depths” of Christ's love for us.

Life Recovery comment (Ephesians 3:14-21) avows, “For churches or small groups to function effectively as vehicles for recovery, they must be driven by God's dynamic and unlimited love. Paul prayed that his friends might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God's love. As we learn how much God loves us, we will become confident that He is able to do far more in and through us than we could ever imagine!” Mm, please, yes.

Continuing the quote, “We can bank our recovery on this truth! We may feel that our life is hopeless and beyond recovery [or simply 'half a bubble off plumb']. But through God restoration and healing are possible. When we are grounded in God's love, recovery follow.” Yes please!

Holy God, I look to You. Asking You to bring me into Your perfect line of plumb. I love You Father. I thank You. I need You, as do my family and friends. Do all You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(462 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment