Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Gift

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 (5:00 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

You gave me such a beautiful gift last night. One I never could have imagined. Not in a hundred million years. Being true to all You are, it came in the most unexpected place. A mortuary chapel.

Father God, I can't even begin to thank You enough for the way You answered prayers on our behalf. I'm not going to lie, I had great trepidation while planning to attend the visitation and Rosary of the mother of my “BFF” since high school.

I didn't know her as the kind, loving, never speaking a mean word to anyone woman various people talked about last evening. For over 45 years I've remembered always being afraid of getting on her bad side.

Holy Father God, You changed all that for me last night. In the form of an aging brother who genuinely adored his sister and her family. Thank You Father. Thank You for the man who came to speak Your Truth into our hearts.

Well, actually two men. Jesus came first.

Last night You gave me the gift of seeing real live actual love in action. The love You describe in 1 Corinthians 13:-4-7. The love The Message says: 
never gives up.
Cares more for others than self.
Doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Doesn't strut
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always “me first,”
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Yes Holy God, I saw that love the moment this particular uncle hugged and held and spoke gentle, kind, nurturing words to his niece. I heard it in the stories he shared with the people who had gathered to honor his sister. I witnessed it again as he tearfully said his final tender goodbye to the one he called his best friend.

Such a genuine loving moment Father. Thank You for all You did in arranging for me to observe the gift of such love. Let us learn to use it well Blessed God. Exactly as You call us to do.

Thank You for Who and All You are. I love You. Let me serve You well. Thank You. Amen.
 (401 words ~ 6:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment