Saturday, May 27, 2017

God as goodness?

Saturday, May 27, 2017 (6:32 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Good morning. And thank You.

Thank You for Your presence in our lives. Thank You for the goodness that You are. I don't think that I have ever thought of You as goodness. Will You help me confirm or deny this thought?

1 John 4:8 tells us that You are love. Psalm 136:1 says You are good. As do 1 Chronicles 16:34; Psalm 34:8; Psalm 100:5 and so many more.

Am I making a stretch when I consider the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and wonder if each of these attributes is representative to Who and All You are?

“But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23, The Living Bible).

I love You Father. I want to know You more. Guide and direct me in understanding Your Truth.

I'm finding lots of articles and sermons about Your goodness. Nothing yet naming You as goodness. Mm, Dad. Guide my thinking please.
(8:33 a.m.)

Psalm 107. “The Goodness of God”. Still not referring to You AS goodness. Oh, but so important!

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is Good! His faithful love endures forever. Has the LORD redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others He has saved you from your enemies” (vs. 1-2). Oh You are, Blessed God. It does. You have. I will.

Goodness. Faithful love. Redemption. Telling others. Mm. Yes, Father. Make it so!

43 verses “of redemption – from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22), and distress (23-32)” Illustrated Bible Handbook. Teach me more.

Footnotes in The Life Recovery Bible (107:10-20) tell of our rejecting You and Your plan, causing us to “live in spiritual darkness; …like prisoners in chains… (107:23-32) Bad memories and a sense of failure make our world seem dark and hopeless. The longer the storm rages, the more we fear and lose all hope of rescue.”

All this rings so true Blessed God. And then? Your goodness!

But when we cry out to God in our trouble, He will turn our storm-tossed life into a calm and peaceful sea and restore our joy. We must turn to Him for help, follow His plan for healthy living, and patiently await His deliverance.” Mm, yes!

'LORD, help!' they cried in their trouble, and He rescued/saved them from their distressed” (Psalm 107:6, 13, 19, 28). You led them straight to safety (v.7), from darkness and deepest gloom (14a). You snapped their chains (14b).

You “spoke, and they were healed – snatched from the door of death” (v.20). You “calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves” (29).

Our hope truly is in You Blessed God. In Your inexhaustible goodness. I know You as good. Does that translate to You as goodness? I still don't know. Continue working in my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength that I will be able to speak clearly of Who and All You are.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You. Be with me in every aspect of this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(538 words ~ 9:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment