Sunday, May 14, 2017

such a HUGE taste of friendship

Mother's Day Sunday, May 14, 2017 (5:31 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

You gave me such a HUGE taste of friendship yesterday. Thank You!

Thank You for using a decades old friendship to comfort a dear friend in dealing with the very recent loss of her mom and ALL the old wounds that are re-opening because of it. Holy God, You are so good to provide for our every single need.

Blessed Father, I am asking You to mother all of us who are experiencing the “absent presence” (Yolanda Pierce Why God Is a 'Mother,' Too) of our moms this day. Professor Pierce (Princeton Theological Seminary) cites Isaiah 49:15 as just one of the verses that supports naming You as Mother as well as Father.

She goes on to say, “We do not have to choose only one form of address. God is Creator and Sustainer. God is Protector and Defender. God is Mother and Father.” I don't know if I've ever looked into this thought before.

Continuing she adds, “If we are humble, we know that human words and metaphors are incomplete and can never do justice to describing the majesty of who God is.” Amen to that!

Blessed, Holy God, thank You for always helping me seek to think outside of my own rigid mindset. Guide and direct my thinking here I pray.

(6:27 a.m.)

And now back to the friendship with which this time together began. After a full day of true fellowship with You yesterday, we ended last evening with this Truth from our Psalty's Kids Bible. “Jesus Is a True Friend” 2 Timothy 4:17.

“Jesus is the very best friend you could ever have. I'm sure of it. Do you know why? Because the Bible says He stands at our side. He doesn't stand behind us and push us. He doesn't stand in front of us and pull us along. He stands next to us – at our side – to give us strength and to encourage us and to let us know that He's right with us even during the hard times. True friends stand together. Jesus is a True Friend. Trust Him.”

Mm, yes! True Friend.

“But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth” (2 Timothy 4:17).

How many times have You stood at my side, giving me strength Blessed Friend? Once again I ask You to go into this day with me. Blessing me. Keeping me. Turning me into the woman You would have me be.

If wishing You “Happy Mother's Day” is not some blasphemous act then that is exactly what I am saying. Otherwise, straighten out my thinking. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You into every aspect of this day. Thank You, Holy PARENT. Amen!

(492 words ~ 6:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment