Sunday, May 7, 2017

"Perfectly balanced"

Sunday, May 7, 2017 (6:49 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy, Blessed God,

Thank You for sleep. Thank You for dreams. Thank You for the love, laughter, tears and fears sometimes addressed in those dreams. Thank You for deep breaths. And memories.

This morning Father, I ask You to guide and direct my thinking. Yes Holy God, set my mind on the things of Your choosing.
(7:45 a.m.)

I just heard the words, “Perfectly balanced.” Mm, yes, Father, how I long to live my life perfectly balanced in You!
(9:19 a.m.)

I searched for a corresponding verse, attended an online church service and am again looking to You to guide and direct Your perfect balance for this day. I tend to care or work too hard; or not at all. Not Your best I know.

I believe Father that You have a perfect balance of love [heart], laughter [soul], tears [mind] and fear [strength] for me. And right here I stop to confess that I have been struggling again to believe, to hope, to trust You at Your Word.

The things of this world get in my way. I forget that putting my faith in You is so very different from believing, hoping and trusting in the empty promises, scams and gimmicks we run across almost every single day.

Cynicism is not faithfulness. Attempting to protect myself from idealistic hopes is not the same as 'being still and knowing that You are God' (Psalm 46:10). Closing my eyes to the chaos, crisis and confusion that surrounds me is not helpful. Nor is working all over the place with no apparent sense of order.

I need You Father. I seek You. I ask You. Bring me in line with Your perfect balance. Guide and direct my choices and actions this day. Empower me in glorifying and enjoying You. I love You. I need You. Thank You. Amen.

(315 words ~ 10:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment