Saturday, May 20, 2017

adumbrate

Saturday, May 20, 2017 (7:00 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy Lord God,

Thank You! You gave me two very descriptive dreams on friendship. One representing a time decades ago, and the other foreshadowing an upcoming funeral.

Oh, most dear and Holy God. You are so good. So faithful. So perfect. And even here I get to learn another new-to-me word. Adumbrate - “to outline, to sketch; to foreshadow vaguely; to overshadow”.

That's what these dreams have done for me this morning. The first depicted the willingness of others to help a hurting soul through a horribly, difficult time of her life. The last, just upon awakening, showed two preschoolers and the purity of their friendship before real life took hold of them.

Mm, thank You God. Thank You for the hope You provide. Hope that is only found in You. Your Word. Your Truth.

I confess to being one who leans toward unforgiveness. Grudge holding comes easily. Second nature actually. Oh, look... here's two thoughts: a definition for unforgiveness describes it as “unwilling or unable to forgive”. Wow! Thank You Father.

All the years I have held so tightly to bitter resentments and grievances I have chided myself for not being willing to let go of them. What if they fall into the unable category? The glorious Truth here is that “I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power” (Philippians 4:13 The Living Bible).

Oh, amen. Amen! Father, You will do in, with, by, through and for me ALL the things I am unable to do myself. Shortening steps one, two and three of the 12 Steps yields: 1 – I can't. 2 – God can. 3 – I'll let Him. Yes, please God, do all You must to enable me to forgiveness.

Very perfect of You to have me find the “foot note” written in my own lettering. Side one, “Proverbs 11:17 'Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.' ” Such absolute Truth!

The Promise on the other side? “ 'I will give peace... and none shall make you afraid...' Leviticus 26:6 KJV (Thanksgiving 2010) November 25 A Fruitful Life”. Holy God, it is completely to You I look this morning.

As I prepare to get busy with our day, I ask You to go ahead, behind, beside, above and beneath me. Keep my thoughts on You and my words kind. I love You Father.

Thank You for the adumbration You provided me in my dreams. There were definitely faint images of what all life can be when we live in the childlike wonder and forgiveness that You command.

Work with me as only You can. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(463 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment