Thursday, May 4, 2017

Spirit Divine

Thursday, May 4, 2017 (6:23 a.m.)
Oh, most dear and holy God,

Thank You Father! Thank You for sleep. And dreams. Thank You for Truth. And hope. Mm, yes. Father thank You for Your hope.

I got to wake up excited this morning. Yea! Thank You. It's been awhile since one simple thought has led to another in such quick succession. Mm, yes. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the brief attention I paid last night to a 60 Minutes report on timber racing, a sport of which I was previously unfamiliar. A beautiful horse named Senior Senator. “A flat-track racer with a mediocre record and a nasty reputation for acting up.”

Blessed God, thank You. Just reading about what I watched last night and I once again have tears.

This was a difficult horse. He had to be tranquilized “every day to get him out onto the race track... He'd throw his jockey on the way to the start... Every time. It got so bad the track veterinarians wouldn't go near him... the craziest horse to ever look through a bridle.”

A legendary rider, turned trainer and his wife gave this unruly, majestic animal his second chance. “The key was letting him run free... he'd spent countless hours penned up in his stall: miserable, angry.” Left to himself in a big field, he became a happier horse in almost an hour.

“We just figured out how to get him to do what really is natural, and what this horse was just put on this Earth to do, which is to run and jump... From crazy horse to champion... He didn't need discipline. He didn't need to be manhandled. He just needed to be understood... like many talented humans.”

Is all of this what was at the farthest reaches of my thinking this morning when I woke up seeing this horse's magnificence in my mind's eye? Imagining my own self with blinders on to avoid being aware of what all is going on around me.

Father, how I thank You that Open My Eyes That I May See immediately began singing to me. Blessed Lord, there is so much Truth and hope and freedom to be found in You and in Your Word.

I confess. I've become scared again. Not wanting to venture out. Keep to myself. Stay safe. It's not working! I don't want to be afraid to hope.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the tears in my eyes. Thank You for the hope in my soul. The Living Bible says, “Open my eyes to see wonderful things in Your Word. I am but a pilgrim here on earth: how I need a map – and Your commands are my chart and guide. I long for Your instructions more than I can tell” (Psalm 119:18-20).

I do Father! I long for the freedom that is found only in You.

The Life Recovery Bible notes, “119:17-24 With God's guidance, we can learn truths from His Word that will lead us safely through the uncharted territories of life... Without God's wisdom and guidance, we lack the insight we need to experience a successful recovery.”

Oh, most dear and blessed Father, it is to You I look to guide me, train me, free me to become all You would have me be. I love You SO incredibly much.

Open my eyes [ears, mouth, heart], illumine me, Spirit Divine Yes. Please. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(577 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment